This eLearning course introduces the basics of HIV in Australia, as a foundation for further education and training in HIV. It is appropriate for all learners regardless of prior knowledge or experience in HIV.
List of topics:
- HIV in Australia and the global context
- Natural History of HIV
- Transmission and Prevention of HIV
- Overview of Testing and treatment for HIV
- Stigma and Discrimination: People living with HIV (PWHIV)
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the epidemiology of HIV and the risk factors for HIV transmission
- Describe the progression of HIV if untreated
- Identify priority populations for HIV
- Identify the strategies and options for HIV prevention
- Consider, reflect on, and clarify own values, assumptions and attitudes about HIV and the consequences of associated stigma and discrimination experienced by people living with HIV accessing health care.