Join our board
Register your interest in becoming an ASHM Board Director.
Join the ASHM Board and play a pivotal role in advancing our strategic objectives. As a volunteer board director, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your expertise and help shape the future of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexual and reproductive healthcare.
How to apply or nominate someone
To apply or nominate someone for the ASHM Board, interested individuals should submit a completed the online nomination form. We will require a brief statement about the nominee’s interest, along with details about their relevant skills and experience. Nominations are accepted at any time and are considered on a rolling basis.
The Board typically seeks directors with experience in the health or not-for-profit sector, as well as those with expertise in areas relevant to ASHM’s work, such as HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexual and reproductive health.
You will be expected to have read and understood:
- ASHM’s Constitution
- ACNC Guidance on the governance of charities
- ASHM’s most recent Annual Report
- Minutes of the most recent Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- ASHM’s current strategic plan and key policies
- About our history and the services we provide
- The biographies of current board directors
You will be asked to complete these forms:
- Skills matrix
- Conflict of interest declaration
- Director suitability
- Consent to act as a director
You will also be asked to register for a Director identification number.
You will receive this letter of appointment upon election as a Director of ASHM. This letter summarises your duties and responsibilities as a director.