Successful completion and assessment of this training will allow general practitioners and nurse practitioners to become accredited prescribers of s100 highly specialised drugs for the treatment of people living with HIV.
It is expected that after prerequisite online modules and facilitated training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of initiation of antiretroviral therapy
- Evaluate the complexity of factors influencing patients’ treatment decisions
- Develop a clinical management plan for a patient on therapy, incorporating strategies for health promotion and harm minimization
- Describe the contributing factors to the development of treatment toxicities and antiretroviral resistance
- Identify appropriate referral pathways for complex HIV issues including salvage therapy, women considering pregnancy and IRIS