These modules introduce key concepts for diagnosing and managing people living with HIV. After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Describe the natural history of HIV, including the HIV lifecycle and signs and symptoms of acute and chronic HIV
- Explain HIV transmission and the principles of prevention, including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), treatment as prevention(TasP) and contact tracing
- Contrast HIV testing approaches and interpret test results
- Describe the principles and classes of antiretroviral therapy (ART) and their role in the treatment HIV
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of social, psychological and lifestyle factors on a patients’ treatment outcomes
The modules will launch in a new window – if they do not open, please try enabling pop-ups and temporarily disable your ad blocker or firewall.
Prospective HIV s100 prescribers: These modules are part 1 of the HIV s100 Prescriber Course. All modules must be completed prior to attending the first live interactive session.
Existing HIV s100 prescribers: Use these modules to refresh your knowledge and contribute to your HIV CPD requirements (3 points for completion of all 4 modules). Module completion records will be checked by ASHM staff during the prescriber renewal period, and CPD points allocated accordingly.
Contact: Please email HIVPrescriber@ashm.org.au if you require assistance or have a clinical question you would like to raise with a medical educator.
Target audience: General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners