Information about this video module:
This recorded session assumes the participant has an understanding of Advanced Liver Disease. We would recommend completing ASHM’s Advanced Liver Disease for Nurses Online Learning Module.
This online video module will provide nurses with an understanding of the hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) surveillance process, treatment options, and the knowledge to support their patients with ongoing monitoring requirements for hepatocellular carcinoma, to contribute to better patient outcomes. The session can be completed as an independent professional development activity and is also an optional post-course activity for the ASHM Hepatitis B Nursing and Hepatitis C Nursing courses.
This activity is equivalent to 1 CPD hour.
- Explain HCC epidemiology and risk factors
- Outline the surveillance process for HCC
- Discuss diagnosis and staging of HCC
- Compare HCC treatment options
- Recognise the nurses’ role in patient management
Directions for completing video module:
- Refer to the left hand navigation pane. Under ‘Step 1. Online Video Module’, click on ‘Video module: hepatocellular carcinoma for nurses.’
- Once the video module has been viewed, refer to ‘Step 2. Evaluation’ and click on ‘Complete post-OLM survey here’
- Following completion of steps 1 and 2, the certificate under ‘Step 3. Certificate of completion’ will be accessible. Download your certificate equivalent to 1 CPD hour.
If you have any difficulties, please contact email@example.com or call on 0431 320 489.