Curing Hepatitis C in Primary Care – Elearning
This online learning module forms Part 1 of the Curing Hepatitis C in Primary Care – Facilitated Course and consists of 4 individual modules that introduce the topics of assessment, management and treatment of hepatitis C. All modules are required to be completed before attending the Part 2 face-face workshop.
The module is also available to other health care providers who wish to upskill in the field of hepatitis C.
- Screen, order and interpret tests appropriately to diagnose chronic HCV infection
- Discuss strategies with patients to minimise transmission risk and improve liver health
- Perform the recommended pre-treatment assessment, including liver disease staging
- Determine the appropriate antiviral therapy for treatment of HCV and explain treatment to patient
- Implement monitoring and post-treatment follow-up recommendations
Target audience: General Practitioners, other Medical Practitioners and health care providers working in primary care settings.
CPD: Allocated 40 Category 1 points in the RACGP QI&CPD program for the 2017-2019 triennium (RACGP activity number 85771) for participants who complete both the Part 1 online module and attend the Part 2 Face-Face training of the Hepatitis C New Treatments Course.
Last updated: 2020