This eLearning course introduces the basics of HIV in Australia, as a foundation for further education and training in HIV. It is appropriate for all learners regardless of prior knowledge or experience in HIV.
List of topics:
- HIV in Australia and the global context
- Natural History of HIV
- Transmission and Prevention of HIV
- Overview of Testing and treatment for HIV
- Stigma and Discrimination: People living with HIV (PWHIV)
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the epidemiology of HIV and the risk factors for HIV transmission
- Describe the progression of HIV if untreated
- Identify priority populations for HIV
- Identify the strategies and options for HIV prevention
- Consider, reflect on, and clarify own values, assumptions and attitudes about HIV and the consequences of associated stigma and discrimination experienced by people living with HIV accessing health care.
For further enquires about this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org